When I arrived at Charlotte’s parents’ home at 8am on the morning of Charlotte and Richard’s big day, I found preparations already in full swing.  The house was buzzing with people, energy, excitement – as well as sausages and bacon!  As the morning progressed, people came and went with the chaos increasing until everyone was ready just in time to leave for the church.  And rest.

I had the great pleasure of having Andy – one half of LLG Photography – shooting with me. I find it so necessary to get a second perspective on the day and I enjoy the company too!  Andy met the groom, his ushers and the guests at Inglewood Manor before joining them on the London bus Charlotte and Richard had hired to get everyone to the church on time.

Charlotte was a stunning bride in a classic dress and a long veil.  Richard looked very smart – and I’m not going to lie – a little nervous too.  The priest from the Holy Name of Jesus Church in Oxton had a wonderful laid back way about him which quickly relaxed the couple.  The harpist played beautifully and the voice of the singer who accompanied the hymns as well as singing a solo was pretty spell binding.  I had to remind myself to take pictures of her and not just stand there captivated by her voice.

As Richard works in the wine industry, the plentiful flow of alcoholic beverages on the bus from the ceremony to Inglewood all made sense.  What a treat to be back at Inglewood – I love the exclusivity of the venue, the amazing grounds and super friendly and helpful staff again.   The wine theme continued with the most unusual table plan formed from wine bottles as well as the cork name markers on the wedding breakfast tables.  The couple had appointed one of their guests as the Master of Ceremonies for the day – I wish Matthieu could be at every wedding I photograph.  He was a gentleman that helped us immensely throughout the day and was very entertaining too.  Thank you Matthieu.

By the time the first dance rolled around, everyone was ready to dance helped by a super engaging and entertaining band.  When I left, the party was still rocking – I suspect there may have been a few sore heads the next day!

A very big congratulations to Charlotte and Richard!