I’m Val and I got called the Flying Canadian when I was out running once and it stuck…
Things that I love (besides taking pictures) are:
- Paul - Mr. Val
- Stella - our furry baby
- Frank - our bright orange, 1982 aircooled T25 VW campervan
- FaceTiming with Canada – especially my Friday night FaceTime date with my Mum
- Talking about science with my nieces and nephew
- Any animal really
- Eating sweets – I love the sour ones best
- Peanut butter
- Oreo Cookies– also Oreo Ice Cream, Oreo Cake, Oreo Truffles… well you get the idea
- Going for walks
- Afternoon tea with friends
- Sci Fi – Star Trek rather than Star Wars for me though
- Magnum P.I.
- Doc Martins
Some other stuff about me:
- I have lived in England for almost 20 years now…My Mum grew up on the Wirral so I had connection to the area and was able to work here.
- I have a special fondness for Cumbria – not only did I live there for a few years but we got married in the smallest church in England – St. Olaf’s, Wasdale.
- I am definitely not “cool” but I went to Glastonbury once.
- I ran a marathon once - as well as lots of half marathons and 10km races before my knees told me to stop.
- I volunteer for Wirral Animal Sanctuary taking pictures to try to do a little bit to help promote their hard work.
- I played trombone in the high school band.
- Beethoven’s Moonlight Sonata is my desert island disk. Snowpatrol’s Chasing Cars is a close second.
I live in Oxton village but I was born just north of Toronto. I got my first camera when I was in primary school. Back then I took pictures at special events (like school trips, graduation), and of our pets and our family. Maybe not much has changed really – I still photograph special events (your wedding is definitely a special event!), animals and families.